Held by the Brazil-Germany Green Hydrogen Alliance with support from GIZ, the program aims to strengthen the Brazilian RD&I ecosystem in Green Hydrogen and support the development of ideas, projects and solutions for the entire Green Hydrogen chain.
The Green Hydrogen Innovation Program (iH2 Brasil) consists of 3 editions, held between 2022 and 2023, aimed at enthusiast ideas, non-profit institution projects and startup solutions aimed at the production, logistics and application of Green Hydrogen.
The Startups category has the specific objective of leveraging innovative businesses and promoting open innovation through the development of pilot projects between startups and established companies. With this, 8 startups will benefit in each edition.
- Market access and support for carrying out a pilot project
- Detailed analysis of the startup for customization of the acceleration process (examples of points analyzed: business model, innovation management, legal and accounting aspects of the team, etc).
- Analysis of the global positioning of the technology and/or solution in order to generate insights, as well as identify threats and opportunities
- Brokering contact with potential companies for the pilot project
- Support for pilot project planning and design through expert-mediated workshops
- Legal advice for mapping potential legal liabilities of the startup and the pilot project, and presentation of risk mitigation actions
- Support for prototyping and RD&I of the pilot project
- Prospecting mentors in several areas according to the startup’s needs
- Presentation of incentives, subsidies and promotion of national RD&I available for startup and support for application in the instruments submitted
Who can participate?
- Startup established in Brazil
- All members of the startup team must be at least 18 years old
- The startup team must be composed of at least three people
- Incorporated CNPJ (Corporate Tax ID)
- Revenue of up to 16 million reais
- Maximum of 10 years of foundation
- MVP already validated
How to participate
Read the regulation carefully and fill out the registration form available at the link below.
Definition of Green Hydrogen for the iH2Brasil program
Green Hydrogen is the one produced with electricity from clean and renewable energy sources, such as hydroelectric, wind, solar, biomass, biogas, etc. In other words, it is zero carbon: obtained without CO2 emission.
- New means of production and technological routes;
- New business models, considering that production can be centralized or distributed;
- Improving efficiency in existing forms of production;
- Product quality (purity of hydrogen produced);
- Decreased intermittency of renewable energy;
- Performance monitoring systems;
- Reduction of production costs, etc.
- New means of transport, storage and conversion;
- Improving the efficiency of existing means of transport, storage and conversion;
- Increased security and control at all stages of logistics;
- Infrastructure of filling stations and supply channels.
- New applications of hydrogen;
- Improving the efficiency of existing applications;
- Performance monitoring systems;
- Integration with other energy vectors.
- 3 editions throughout 2022 and 2023;
- First edition: 1st half of 2022:
Call for proposals between March 14 and April 22, 2022;
- Second edition: 2nd half of 2022:
Call for proposals between August 15 and September 16, 2022;
- Third edition: 1st half of 2023. Upcoming